Right behavior with earthquakes
When you feel an earthquake, you should remain calm, act properly and instantaneously by choosing the right place that can increases the chance of safety. Stay where you are, outdoor or indoor you must follow the below instructions:
Protect the head and face by anything light but strong or hide under a strong table or bed or go to the distributor zone within the house or staircase.
Stay away from windows, exterior walls, libraries, mirrors and hanging objects.
Upon earthquake impact completion, it is preferable to switch off the power supply, close the sources of gas and water in the house before departure avoid the stampede during exit and do not use elevators.
Stay away from the towers and tall buildings as much as possible to the nearest open area, watch volatile objects, stones, unstable walls and do not try to enter buildings.
Stand apart from bridges, tunnels, power cords , high pressure pillars, light pillars, trees and glass front areas of shops.
In the car:
Stop at the nearest safe place and stay inside the car until the end of the earthquake
Stand apart from bridges, road junctions, buildings, trees and power lines.
After the earthquake:
You must be prepared for concussions regressive since it may cause the collapse of the damaged buildings. You must listen to the instructions of the civil defense through the available media and bind to the following:
- Do not try to ignite the light source or any fire before making sure that there is no gas leak.
- Exit the building or the house upon securing them nearest places and open spaces.
- Do not try to move the seriously injured unless they are in danger.
- Do not pass through destroyed area or drink water from unknown sources.
- Do not operate on the telecommunications networks but on urgent circumstances only.
- It is advisable to have a first aid kit, portable torch and radio.