Center is established under the act of federal law no. (6) For the year 2007 to be officially and exclusively the source for meteorological and earthquakes services. The center aims to unify the source of meteorological information and monitor earthquakes, atmosphere and earth's crust changes.
Through the use of latest technology, the center is leading a unique experience in the field of cloud seeding in order to increase the rate of rainfall in the country. Furthermore, the center is an active and influential member in various regional and international organizations related to meteorology and earthquakes.
In the framework of the strategic planning of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the center seeks to attract the best human elements of its citizens to qualify them in the field of Meteorology and Seismology.
Through the scholarship program of the Ministry of Presidential Affairs, the center provides full scholarships for students excelling in high school in the most prestigious universities in the world and in the following discipline
- Air and meteorological climate science
- Atmospheric, sea and environment sciences
- Mathematical, atmosphere and seas sciences
- Applied Physic
- Earth Sciences
- Earthquake Engineering
- Geological Engineering
Place and duration of study:
All scholarships will be out of the country due to lack of disciplines and its non-availability at universities and colleges in the country except of Meteorology which is available both at home and abroad.
Example: (United States, Canada, and Australia)
Scholar may need to study language; hence the duration of the study is expected to be from 4 to 6 years which ends by obtaining a bachelor's degree or equivalent in the required field.
What happens after graduation?
The Center is committed to employ scholars who successfully obtain the required qualification.
The Center applies civil service laws, regulations and salaries practiced at the government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The center provides an excellent work environment for employees through the use of latest available technology.
A: Whoever asks for a scholarship for a Bachelor's degree must obligatewith the following
- Citizen of the United Arab Emirates
- To be of good behavior.
- Holds a grade of not less than 85% in high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should not have been graduated from secondary school for a period exceeding one year.
- To pass the Test of English or any other tests approved by the Ministry of Presidential Affairs.
- Attained an acceptance from a university recognized by the Ministry of Presidential Affairs indicated in the list of universities on the website of the Ministry.
- Study is abroad for students wishing to enroll in the Meteorology and Seismology grant.
- Student undertakes to abide by the rules, regulations and instructions issued by the concerned authority, in accordance with the provisions of the grant.
- Student is committed to study at the university the subject he is granted his scholarship for and should not change his course without a written approval from the ministry.
- Not being granted scholarship or study funding from any other institution.
- Must not be employed.
B: Applicants applying for (Meteorology and Seismology) grant must have in addition to terms stated in item (A) the following:
- Holds a grade of (90%) or higher in English.
- Holds a grade of (90%) or higher in Mathematics.
- Holds a grade of (90%) or higher in Physics.
- To pass the medical exam.
- To submit the following upon applying, be accompanied when applying the following:
- 1. Valid passport.
- Full records summary
- Emirates ID card
- GCSEs certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Recently issued certificate for CEPA or TOEFL or IELTS
- Grade of 450 or more for TOEFL
- Grade of 165 or more for CEPA.
- Grade of 5.5 or more for IELTS
- Certificate of good conduct
- Academic record.
- Recent Photo.